This is a job posting for New Delhi.
Are you in your 20s and willing to risk a couple of years working for a start-up? When I say risk, I don’t mean that I am skeptical about the prospects; I am just aware that there is no guarantee for one’s success. If it works, you will have stocks in a rapidly growing startup with a potential to make a clear impact on the legal industry in India. If it doesn’t, you will still walk away with a decent salary and an experience that won’t be any less than the most thrilling adventure you can wish for.
Who am I looking for?
- A degree in law from a national law school or any other college located in a metropolitan city. (Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Calcutta, Bangalore, Chennai)
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average of less than 5 out of 7 (exceptions can be made if the rest of the criteria are met)
- Must have held a leadership position in law school and have organized at least one national level event. Examples are: President/Vice President of the student body, Convenor/Co-Convenors of the Sports, Cultural or Moot Court Committee and organized a sports/cultural fest or a national/international moot court competition.
- Willingness to work remotely and keep flexible hours.
- Interest in traveling within the city and the country.
- Interest in meeting new people on a regular (almost daily) basis.
- Ability to tell stories.
- A deep interest in internet, search and how technology is shaping the way we live our lives. You don’t need to know how to code, though the ability to read/understand will be a plus.
- A good understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram).
This is anything but a part-time work-from-home gig. So, please apply only if you are at least curious (ideally, excited). I am basically looking for a co-founder in the long run without exposing you to the risks that starting a company poses. So, you get a fixed salary and skin in the game as you spend more time with us.
If you are still reading, this is what’s being offered:
- A chance to be the first employee of a startup that aims to deeply impact the way law is practiced in India. [risky, but equally rewarding]
- A salary of 40,000 for the first six months [another 10,000 bonus if you quit the job right after the first month].
- An opportunity to participate in the process of building a startup right from the ground. [Participate in setting up the office, writing the business plan, designing the website, developing content, identifying sales channels, create promotional materials, manage social media and much more – create a company you can call your own.]
- At the end of one year of your employment, 1% equity in the company. Another 2% each at the end of year 2, 3 and 4.
- Directorship of the company at the end of 3 years (once you reach a 5% equity)
Your compensation packages will be revised vis-a-vis your and the company’s performance.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a ~1500 word sales pitch/essay/writeup as to why you think you are the right person for this job.
If selected, we will contact you and set up an interview in Delhi.